Friday 4 May 2012

A Beginning...

Reading, for me, has always been an amazing hobby. It gives me a place to retreat to, somewhere to relax and let the time fly past. I read nearly whenever I can, and sometimes stay up late into the night just to finish a part that I am enjoying. I will get to bed, turn on the light and read until I'm exhausted and I have the perfect place to stop. I find with nearly every book that I read, that finding a place to stop for the night rather difficult. I cannot stop at the end of the chapter, because the suspense just eats at me until I start it up again.
As a child, the Harry Potter books were my absolute favourite. I remember reading the last book about seven times in the space of about three months. I also remember getting 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard' for christmas one year, after being VERY excited to find out that there would be more than the predicted seven copies that were originally made (not that I wouldn't have loved a hand-written and draw copy by J.K Rowling herself, but I'm not sure we had a spare £50,000 knocking around).
My most recent favourites are 'Before I Die' by Jenny Downham, and 'A Great and Terrible Beauty' by Libba Bray. I loved them both so much and would definately reccomend them to most people, (but some of the parts some people may not be comfortable with reading) and am just about to read the sequels to Libba Brays' book, 'Rebel Angels' and then 'A Sweet Far Thing'.

2 comments:

  1. Great (humorous) start, Pippa. I don't know Libba Bray, but you have persuaded me that I should give her a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pippa, I've got The Tales of Beedle the Bard too.

    I personally love Babbitty Rabbitty and the Cackling Stump, and the Fountain of Fair Fortune, and obviously the Peverell brothers' Deathly Hallows story.
    I wish I had an Invisibility cloak.

    And also, if you could have a wand and be allowed to use only one spell (as many times as you want), what would that spell be?
    I need some time to come up with an answer to that myself.

    ReplyDelete